I'm Jamie and I'm a creative web developer. Not only do I enjoy hand coding websites, I love making them as pretty as possible! I just love going through the design process - starting with an idea, deciding how it will look, and then making it happen.
In my last life, I spent some time in the human service industry, working with people with disabilities. While I still volunteer in the disability community, I couldn't deny my love for the tech industry any longer! So, I got another degree in Information Technology. During the past year while completing my second degree, I also found a passion for hardcore programming and am attempting to learn as many programming languages as possible.
When I am not glued to the computer coding and designing like a maniac, I like to dabble in many different things. I love rocking out to music in my car as well as tinkering on my piano. I own a German violin from the 1800s and play with the Menomonee Falls Symphony every week.
Information Science and Technology
Bachelor of Science, 2014
Cumulative GPA: 3.9
Related Coursework: Intro to Web Design, Advanced Web Design, Responsive Web Design, Web Development Application, Electronic Publishing & Web Design, Building Native Mobile Applications, Introduction to Programming, Human Computer Interaction, Database Information Retrieval Systems
- Dean's Attitude & Aptitude Award, School of Information Studies, Spring 2014
- Best Mobile App Design, UWM Design Entrepreneur Showcase, December 2013
- Dean’s List, School of Information Studies, 2013 - 2014
- Design model accepted into Museum Design Exhibit, 2010
June 2014 - present
- Responsible for writing unit and system tests to ensure code meets Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Utilizes TFS in Visual Studio to execute version control in order to collaborate with team members effectively.
Academic Tutor, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
January 2014 - present
- Provides academic support to students in the School of Information Studies.
- Conducts weekly study sessions to teach and discuss programming concepts, specifically C#.
- Assists students with the development of study skills.
Special Education, St. Coletta Day School of Milwaukee
March 2012 – June 2013
- Responsible for integrating technological solutions into the classroom.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all technological issues within the school.
- Managed and updated the school website using WordPress, as well as managed the Twitter and Facebook accounts.
- Responsible for the educational development and management of 24 special needs children.
- Developed daily lesson plans and taught various academic subjects.
Summer Camp Site Supervisor, Easter Seals
April – August 2012
- Developed and implemented all activities for a summer camp for kids with special needs.
- Supervised 35 children, 10 staff members, as well as various volunteers.
Workforce Development Specialist/Job Coach, Easter Seals
October 2010 – March 2012
- Initiated employment opportunities for people with disabilities within the business community of Waukesha and Milwaukee Counties by networking, marketing, negotiating and assisting employers with meeting their unmet needs.
- Provided formal recommendations for vocational planning, prepared formal reports summarizing evaluation results and conducted meetings to review outcome data and next steps in the vocational rehabilitation process.